I was just about to post a picture of this salad on facebook but then had a bite and OMG I don’t think there would have been enough space on fb for me to say what is in it. What a winner this salad is and an even better bonus is I threw it together with stuff I already had in our fridge and cupboard. “Why would you want to go out when this gets served up night after night?”
I usually try to include some protein in my salads but we’re all out of eggs and canned tuna/salmon. However this salad does have a little protein from the feta, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and tahini.
The dressing, avocado and feta make this salad creamy (but healthy), whilst the seeds give it a nice crunch here and there. In my opinion this salad is AMAZEBALLS!!!
- Handful of baby spinach
- baby roma tomatoes (Fresh from Ricardoes farm in Port Macquarie)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 zucchini, sliced on the diagonal
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- baby beetroot balls (I just used canned beetroot)
- Avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon juice
- Heat up grill
- Spray zucchini with lemon olive oil and grill to get those sexy lines.
- Whilst grilling the zucchini, make the dressing. Sorry I don’t have measurements. I just made it so it was a nice creamy consistency.
- Combine the ingredients in a big salad bowl, toss with dressing and enjoy